Summer Camps 2023
At AIM Sports Summer Camp, our primary objective is to create an engaging and fun-filled environment where campers can actively learn and develop. Our camp culture emphasizes quality and fosters an atmosphere where children can make new friends and create lasting memories. We're committed to keeping campers physically active through a variety of sports and promoting both physical and personal development. Our dedicated staff play an integral role in the foundation of our camp and environment, contributing significantly to our high camper and staff retention rate. Ultimately, our goal is to offer an unforgettable experience that encourages personal growth, lifelong friendships, and the aspirations for all campers to come back next year.
June 5 - August 10, 2023
Pricing (Per Week)
Half Days: $200.00
Full Day: $300.00
Volleyball, Basketball & "All Sport" Sessions Available
Register For Camp Today!
AIM Volleyball Camps
At the AIM Sports Volleyball Camp, our objective is to instill fundamentals, enhance motor skills, expand game knowledge, and improve athletic prowess. We focus on developing key skills such as digging, setting, spiking, and serving. We advocate for positional versatility and encourage all campers to learn every role. Emphasis is placed on augmenting vertical jump and lateral movement capabilities to foster athlete adaptability. Through a combination of competitive play, targeted drills, and repetitive muscle memory training, we refine these skills throughout our volleyball camp.
AIM Basketball Camps
At the AIM Sports Basketball Summer Camp, our mission is to foster a positive, passionate, and dedicated camp culture. We hone fundamental skills in dribbling, passing, shooting, and rebounding, and implement dynamic offensive strategies while emphasizing defensive tactics such as pressing and trapping. Our camp fosters confidence in athletes by enhancing their offensive and defensive skill sets. We also focus on improving post and perimeter abilities, defensive stances, and basketball IQ. Coupled with boosting cardiovascular strength, jump shot precision, vertical jump height, and core strength, we equip our campers to be competitive court players.
AIM Sports Camps
The All-Sports Camp is designed to promote a passion for sports, foster lifelong physical activity, and develop athletic motor skills. This comprehensive program covers a wide range of major sports including basketball, volleyball, soccer, pickleball, and various all-camp games. Each day, a session is dedicated to introducing campers to new sports and developing their skills through games and individualized drills. Our All-Sports camp ensures that participants grasp the fundamentals of each sport, along with the essential technique required for competitive play.
Registration & Camp FAQs
1. What's the difference between the Basketball, Volleyball and All-Sports camp? a. Our volleyball and basketball camps are for athletes that are focused on their respective sport and want to further their skill development. Athletes will receive individualized coaching and drills that target athletic growth. b. Our All-Sports camps is an exploratory sports curriculum where campers are introduced to different sports each day. For example, we will be learning and trying different sports like Pickleball, Soccer, Basketball, Volleyball, and much more
2. What is the schedule going to look like? a. Schedule is Monday -Thursday b. Some examples of the activities/games that we have planned are: individual skill development drills, all-camp activities, arts and crafts, camper’s choice games, strength and conditioning exercises, professional athlete guest speakers, themed activity days like Water Day + Camp Olympics, and camper awards
3. What is the cost for Full Day vs. Half Day? a. Total Cost Full Day = $300 Half Day = $200 Camp includes: Lunch, Nutritional Snacks, Camp T-shirt, Goodie Bag, and camp activities
4. What are the drop off and pick up times for Half and Full Day?
Full Day - Regular Hours:
a. Check In @ 9am / Pick Up @ 4pm
Half Day - Regular Hours:
a. Check In @9am / Pick Up @1pm
Please note, we will allow a 10 minute grace period. However, after the grace period, a fee will be applied
5. How will lunch work? a. Lunches are included Campers are more than welcome to bring their own lunch. -We will have a microwave and refrigerator available - Please note, we are a Peanut-Free Camp
6. What is the camper to staff ratio?
a. We will maintain a 1:10 ratio
7. My child is 4 years old, are they able to sign up?
a. For safety purposes, the age limits for our summer camp are ages 5-14
b. However, we would be more than happy to host your child next summer
8. Is there any camp 4th of July week?
a. In observance of Independence Day, we will not be hosting camp this week. However, we will resume camp the following week on July 10th.
Jordon is passionate about youth sports and is committed to providing a safe, fun, and engaging program to camp participants and families. He has a strong desire to deliver an exceptional summer camp which includes top-quality training, diverse learning experiences, guest speakers, and interactive activities. Overall, Jordon is a driven and accomplished professional who is dedicated to leading the inaugural summer camp program at AIM Sports Complex.
Lewis Nelson was born and raised in Seattle, Washington and spent summers growing up visiting family in Southern California since his parents are both from the Compton area. The son of a former NBA basketball player and a teacher, growing up, Lewis excelled in the classroom and on the court. Lewis spent one year at LA Harbor College, where he played and started on the basketball team. He then transferred to Cal State Dominguez Hills University where he played and started three years of basketball and was named captain in his senior season. Nelson earned his Bachelor’s degree in Kinesiology with a teaching option from CSUDH.